Andrew Simpson, BSc, MSc, MBCS CEng MIPEM
As registered healthcare professionals, we perform physiological measurements and diagnostics on patients in theatres and on the wards by applying our understanding of the underpinning science, with the primary goal of providing physiological data to doctors for their clinical decision making. Sometimes, we use the technology we have developed ourselves in-house.
As Scientists, we draw from our knowledge understanding of science and engineering to work alongside other healthcare professionals to deliver advanced solutions to complex clinical problems, by researching and developing the technology used to obtain physiological information.
The healthcare science areas I specialise in are: Sleep Science, Critical Care Sciences and Intraoperative/Surgical Neurosciences. I am also interested in cardiac sciences.
- UCCE Advanced ECG in Practice
- CEN-UK: Surgical Neurophysiological Monitoring
- ARTP Pulse Oximetry
- Immediate Life Support
- ACS Certificate of Attainment (HCPC Approved)
- CPD Medical Physics
- MSc (Research) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Computing & Networks
- … and counting!
- 3D and XR for Orthopaedics Surgery Planning
- Medical Technology & Medicine
- Physiological Function
- Chair of Overfields Primary School
- Athletics Coach